Back to Top
You are here
Home » FAQs » What questions should parents ask a Family Bank about the storage facility?
- What type of records do parents receive after storage?
- Does your contract state that the storage fee is fixed, or may it increase later?
- Does the bank reserve the right, in your contract, to change storage facilities?
- Does the bank operate their own storage facility, or is it provided by another laboratory?
- What type of accreditation does the storage facility carry? In most banks the cord blood is stored in the lab where it was processed, and the accreditation of the lab covers the storage conditions.
- What is the geographic location of the storage facility: Is it at risk for hurricanes, earthquakes, or other natural disasters?
- What type of back-up systems does the storage facility have in case of power failure?
- What type of security systems does the storage facility have?