Back to Top
You are here
- Is the family cord blood bank a publicly-held or privately-held company?
- Is the company affiliated with a hospital or research institution?
- Is the company involved in bio-technology research and development?
- What other medical services does the company perform?
- How long has the company been banking cord blood?
- Who directs the day-to-day business of the company? Many cord blood banks have famous doctors on their Board of Directors; but they are not involved with the day-to-day operations.
- What is the lab inventory of cord blood collections, both public and private? This demonstrates their experience with storing cord blood.
- How many cord blood collections has the bank released from their own lab for therapy? This demonstrates their experience with releasing cord blood.