You are here
Family Bank: Cryoviva India
Cryoviva Biotech Private Limited was founded in 2006 by RJ Corp. The company is focused on providing high-quality umbilical cord blood stem cell collection, processing, and storage. Cryoviva, as India’s foremost umbilical cord blood stem cell bank, is fully aware of the responsibility of providing easily accessible quality services to its masses. Cryoviva stands out as the preferred choice for parents deciding to bank their baby’s cord blood stem cells and this has led to more than 2.6 Lakhs parents choosing Cryoviva as their bank of choice.
Labs and Locations
CRYOVIVA BIOTECH PVT. LTD.
129, Pace City -1, Sector-37, Gurugram, Haryana 122001, India
Call Us Tollfree No: 1800 3002 2796
Helpline No.: (+91) 9582284444
Cryoviva Biotech Private Limited was founded in 2006 by RJ Corp. The company is focused on providing high-quality umbilical cord blood stem cell collection, processing, and storage facility. Cryoviva, as India’s foremost umbilical cord blood stem cell bank is fully aware of this responsibility of providing easily accessible quality services to its masses. Hence we are providing our stem cell banking services ensuring international standards through our high-end automated processing technology and globally certified R&D facilities. Cryoviva stands out as the preferred choice for parents deciding to bank their baby’s cord blood stem cells and this has led to more than 2.6 Lakhs parents choosing Cryoviva as their bank of choice.
Based at Gurugram with networks in all the towns of India, Cryoviva has spread beyond its shores to Thailand, Singapore, UAE, Nepal, Bangladesh, and East Africa, making it the only Indian Cord Blood bank available in international markets. Cryoviva has their operations in over 15+ countries with laboratories in India, Thailand and Singapore.
Cryoviva India follows the “Closed bag” collection method for harvesting cord blood stem cells which greatly reduces the possibility of contamination of cord blood. Cryoviva has been accredited by international quality standards including AABB (formerly known as American Association of Blood Banks), CAP, NABL, WHO etc. Cryoviva is licensed by the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI).
Every Kit Box issued to its clients by Cryoviva is UN3373 certified and contains all the important contents: Cryoviva uses Terumo penpol 150ml blood bag that is sterile and can be used for cord blood collection during C-section delivery. The cord blood collection bag is prefilled with anticoagulant CPD with a needle protector that helps in preventing accidental pricks during cord blood collection. The kit also contains 2 falcon tubes, one filled with washing solution for initial decontamination of the umbilical cord at the time of collection, along with another falcon tube with transportation medium for safe transportation of umbilical cord tissue to our facility, a secondary leak proof ziplock to hold cord tissue containers, 95 KPA Bag as per the IATA requirement, an insulated aluminum foil pouch for the blood bag, absorbent pad, alcohol swab, maternal blood collecting vacutainers, povidone iodine prep-pad, sterile plastic cord clamp, para film, blood collection needle with luer adapter, vacutainer holder and tourniquet, a pair of sterile surgical gloves, gel pack etc. These are all the supplies that are required at the time of cord blood and cord tissue collection.
The cell quality and viability of the collected cord blood sample is maintained optimally during the transportation with the help of UN3373 certified Kit boxes. The kit box is carefully designed to ensure that the optimum temperature as per the regulatory & accreditation requirements is maintained during the transportation of collected cord blood samples. The kit box is made up of thermocol with outer hard cardboard packing as per the international guidelines. The twin frozen gel packs are used to sandwich the blood bag, which in turn is packed using a 95 KPA bag, followed by an insulated foil pouch which ensures the optimum temperature maintenance for up to 72 hrs.
The client receives a preservation report that includes all the details related to transportation of their sample to our facility: temperature, collected cord blood volume, processing time, preserved volume, preserved temperature etc.
Purity begins at child birth & so does the preservation of life saving stem cells. It has always been an endeavour of Cryoviva to provide the best technology; hence the first fully automated cord blood processing technology, Sepax was brought to India by Cryoviva in 2009.
“SEPAX - A fully automated US FDA approved, AABB accredited, FACT Netcord Compliant Swiss technology for umbilical cord blood processing.”
- Higher stem cells recovery rates of 95 – 99%, with the viability up to 96%.
- Eliminates any possibility of cross contamination.
- Smooth & precise cell separation as manual intervention is not involved.
- Process every cord blood unit individually.
- Safe & highly sterile during processing.
- Used by 70% of the world’s leading cord blood banks.
At Cryoviva every cord blood sample is processed as per the best international standards and the following parameters are checked at the time of birth. Details of the test results are provided to each client of Cryoviva in their preservation report.
Maternal Blood Sample:
Infectious diseases tests like HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HTLV, CMV, Syphilis, Malaria Infections & NAT (HIV1 RNA, HBV DNA & HCV RNA) are performed at the time of processing and storage. Additional maternal serum & plasma are also preserved for future testing purposes, if any.
Cord Blood Sample:
ABO grouping and RH typing, Total Nucleated Cell (TNC) count, Mononuclear Cell (MNC) count, CD34 cell count, cell viability, sterility testing for microbial culture, microbial contamination, Colony Forming Unit (CFU) assay & Hemoglobinopathies.
Characterization report (both positive & negative), viability test, sterility, mycoplasm analysis, differentiation potential, endotoxin test, positive surface markers like CD 105, CD73, CD44 & CD90, negative surface markers like CD45, CD34, CD14, CD19 & HLA-DR, characteristics of differentiation into Osteoblasts, Adipocytes & Chondroblasts. All these tests are performed at the time of retrieval upon approval from respective government bodies in India and abroad.
HLA typing is performed on the 2nd birth anniversary of the child by Next Generation Sequencing (NGS). If the cord blood unit is retrieved for therapy additional tests are performed at no cost to the client: HLA typing for both donor & recipient by NGS, TNC count, MNC count, sterility test, viability test, CFU test.
The processed Cord Blood is preserved in a FDA-approved multi-compartment cryobag encased between specially designed aluminium cassettes. It is cooled by the standard process of controlled rate freezing in the vapour phase of cryogenic nitrogen until reaching a temperature below -150 degree Centigrade.
At Cryoviva, Cord Tissue goes through a process of decontamination and is preserved directly in vials. Cord Tissue stoage gives a once in a lifetime opportunity to our clients, to extract Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSC) through our patented technology. Cryoviva uses explants cell culture method if a unit is released for treatment. This will be offered without any additional cost, in case any God-forbid event arises in the future, upon approval by respective government bodies in India and abroad.
Licensing & Accreditation
Cryoviva is a highly accredited cord blood bank and holds the following accreditations or certifications:
- Certified and licenced by Drug Controller General of India (DCGI)
- Accredited by AABB (formerly known as American Association of Blood Banks) for both Cord Blood and Cord Tissue (Somatic Cells)
- Accredited by CAP (The College of American Pathologist)
- Accredited by National Accreditation Board of Testing & Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
- WHO GMP for Cord Blood and Cord Tissue
- GLP for Testing of Cellular Therapy products, Cord Blood & Tissue Samples by SGS
- ISO 9001:2015 certified for Cord Blood and Cord Tissue by ICS
Cryoviva has successfully released 23 cryopreserved cord blood units from its Indian facility to treat conditions like Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia, Thalassemia Major, Cerebral Palsy and Autism. Among the 23 releases, 4 were used for autologous therapy and 18 for allogenic transplants. One of the samples was released to Duke University in USA to participate in the FDA-approved cliical trial for Autism Spectrum Disorder (March 2019).
- Financial assistance of up to 20 lakhs until the 21st birth anniversary of the child.
- Complete protection to baby, baby’s biological siblings, biological parents and biological grandparents (both maternal & paternal).
- Unlimited access to samples without any additional cost for the entire family.
- High probability of finding a matching sample.
- Disaster relief of INR 20 lakhs for every stem cell transplantation.
- Quality guarantee of INR 20 lakhs for every stem cell transplantation.
- Protection against rejection: Continued protection of stem cells for the baby and entire family even if the baby’s cord blood is of low volume / unfit for processing / storage.
- Free worldwide shipment.
- Free Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSC) expansion up to 1000 million upon approval by respective government bodies in India and abroad.
- Storage term: Option of choosing either a standard storage plan for 21 years or a lifetime plan for 99 years from the birth anniversary of child.
- Medical Advisory: Cryoviva provides advisory information regarding the usage of stem cells in transplants and may facilitate information on existing transplant programs in India or abroad on client’s request.
- Full refund in case of missed sample collection due to medical emergencies and unfortunate non survival of the baby at the time of birth upon receipt of a relevant declaration.
- Storage fee waiver: In an unfortunate incidence of non-survival of the biological parents.
- Cryoviva offers stem cell banking service to its clients at a starting price of INR 50,000 with the 21 years storage plan.
- For its clients, Cryoviva also offers various pocket friendly EMI schemes.
Cryoviva offers several additional preventive health care services as:
- Prenatal Screening
- Newborn Screening