You are here
Family Bank: StemCyte India
StemCyte India has a "hybrid+" business model that combines Private Banking, Public Banking, Advanced Therapeutics and Clinical trials.
Labs and Locations
The laboratory of StemCyte India is located at Apollo Hospital Campus:
StemCyte India Therapeutics Pvt. Ltd.,
Plot No.1A, Apollo Hospital Campus,
Bhat GIDC Estate, Gandhinagar Ahmedabad Rd
Gandhinagar, Gujarat 382428, India
StemCyte India Therapeutics Pvt. Ltd. is a joint venture between three participants: StemCyte Inc., Apollo Hospital Enterprises Ltd. (the largest chain of private hospitals in Asia with 51 hospitals) and Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (a well-known pharma since three decades). StemCyte Inc. is a global banking network, founded in 1997, with laboratories in USA, Taiwan, and India. StemCyte India began operations in 2010, and its headquarters is strategically located in Ahmedabad with its processing and storage facility at Apollo Hospital campus, Gandhinagar, and the sales force is spread all across India. In late 2016 StemCyte India became the first cord blood bank in India to be accredited by FACT.
StemCyte India provides a collection kit that is complete in every respect for cord blood collection & maternal blood collection as material used for it is having highest quality standards & truly imported. The collection bag is pre-filled with the anti-coagulant CPD and has a safety lock to avoid needle pricks and damages during collection. The kit includes Temperature stabilizing pack (Gel Pack -2); Cord Blood Collection kit (1).Maternal Sample Box (Temperature Stabilizing Pack) (1) and Cord Collection Vial.
- StemCyte India provides a cello insulated collection kit box which is fire resistant and tough hence no harm to the collected unit with excellent temperature maintenance
- We ensure that all supplies are well within the expiry date (at least 2 months) are kept in our validated, temperature-controlled cord blood collection shipping container in order to maintain the optimal temperature for transplantation of your baby's unique cells.
- StemCyte India arranges pickup of cord blood collection kits from all over India with the help of dedicated in-house team and their Logistics Partner (IATA Certified).
- StemCyte India ensures that umbilical cord blood stem cells should be delivered to their laboratory, processed, and stored within 48 hours of collection.
StemCyte India uses unique Plasma Depletion Technology patented by StemCyte Inc.:
- Only plasma is removed from the blood, preserving both red blood cells (RBC) and the buffy coat that holds stem cells
- Plasma depletion processing ensures up to 99.96 % stem cell recovery
- With plasma depletion, 70% of the total blood volume is stored
- StemCyte India's processing retains the VSELs in the blood (Very Small Embryonic-Like stem cells)
- StemCyte India saves from the Cord Blood: white blood cells (WBC), red blood cells (RBC), and stem cells (includes VSELs)
- StemCyte India's plasma depletion method results in a final cord blood stored volume of approx. 75 ml, which is HIGHEST IN THE INDUSTRY.
Licensing & Accreditation
- AABB (formerly American Association of Blood Banks) for Cord Blood
- DCGI (Drug Control General of India) licensed
- FACT (Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy)
- ISO 9001: 2008 (International Standards Organisation)
- NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories)
- WHO GMP for Blood Establishment
- StemCyte Inc., the international parent company, has had cord blood units used in more than 2000 cord blood transplants in 38 countries on 6 continents
- StemCyte India has facilitated 43 transplants.
StemCyte India "Safeguard program" ensures:
- StemCyte India will provide up to 20 Lakh rupees for Transplant support (Varies according to plan chosen)
- If, StemCyte India fails to provide viable stem cells during retrieval, StemCyte will try to provide a matching sample from its international public inventory or would pay up to 20 Lakh rupees whichever is less, to the parents. (Varies according to plan chosen)
The price of our basic plan which includes cord blood and cord tissue collection, processing and storage for 21 years is as follows:
Enrollment fees : Rs. 5000 (81 $)
Processing charges : Rs. 20,000 (325 $)
Storage charges : Rs. 50,000 (814 $)
Total : Rs. 75,000 (1220 $)
StemCyte India offers several additional services:
1. One additional cord blood unit FREE
2. Transplant confirmatory tests FREE
3. HLA search FREE
4. Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSC) storage FREE
5. Worldwide shipment of transplant FREE
6. Apollo transplant package included