You are here
Family Bank: Cordlife Group Limited
Established in May 2001, Cordlife Group Limited (“Cordlife”, together with its subsidiaries, the “Group”) is a leading company in private cord blood and cord lining banking services in Asia, dedicated to safeguarding the well-being of mother and child.
Cordlife owns the largest network of cord blood banks in Asia with full stem cell banking laboratories in six key markets: Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Malaysia and the Philippines. Beyond cord blood and cord lining banking, Cordlife offers a comprehensive suite of diagnostics services for the family, including urine-based newborn metabolic screening, non-invasive prenatal testing, paediatric vision screening and family genetic screening services.
In January 2018, Cordlife became the market leader in Hong Kong with the acquisition of the largest private cord blood bank in the country, Healthbaby Biotech (Hong Kong) Co., Limited. Through its majority-owned subsidiary in Malaysia, Stemlife Berhad, Cordlife holds an indirect stake in Thailand’s largest private cord blood bank, Thai Stemlife. Through its marketing agents, Cordlife has also expanded its presence to Myanmar and Vietnam in 2017 as well as Bangladesh in 2019.
Labs and Locations
Cordlife Group Limited
1 Yishun Industrial Street 1 #06-01/09,
A'Posh Bizhub Singapore 768160
Cordlife inhabits a distinctive niche in the healthcare industry. The Cordlife Group is one of the foremost private cord blood banks to have gained a solid foothold in Asia. In the last 19 years, Cordlife has dedicated its undertakings to achieve market leadership in the industry. Having built a distinguished brand name, the Group continues to strive for excellence by means of support from its experienced management team and dynamic key executives, along with its quality product and service offerings. Cordlife believes the Group has in place a strong foundation for future expansion.
The Cordlife Group is composed of:
- Cordlife Group Limited – Singapore, Vietnam
- Cordlife (Hong Kong) Limited - Hong Kong & Macau
- Health Baby Biotech (Hong Kong) Co., Limited – Hong Kong & Macau
- Cordlife Sciences India Pvt Limited - India & Bangladesh
- PT Cordlife Persada - Indonesia
- Cordlife Medical Philippines, Inc. – the Philippines
- StemLife Berhad – Malaysia & Brunei
- THAI StemLife - Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia
Quality and customer focus are amongst some of the cornerstones of Cordlife. All of the Group’s facilities are accredited by AABB, the organisation behind the world’s gold standard for cord blood banking. In addition, Cordlife Singapore and Healthbaby are also two of the four cord blood banks in Asia, and ten in the world, to be accredited by both AABB and FACT, another world-class accreditation body for cord blood banks globally. In the area of clinical diagnostics, Cordlife India, Cordlife Hong Kong and Healthbaby are accredited by the College of American Pathologists (“CAP”). These quality achievements underpin the Group’s commitment to providing reliable healthcare solutions through innovation and technological advancement.
The kit contains a sterile, double wrapped blood bag pre-loaded with the anti-coagulant CPDA-1, along with disinfectant Povidone Iodine swabstick.
The collection kit is constructed with thermal insulation and validated to maintain room temperature for up to 48 hours during transportation back to the laboratory.
Cordlife provides dedicated staff to pick up the cord blood sample from Singapore hospitals upon notification.
Stem cells are separated from the cord blood using the fully automated and closed Sepax system from Biosafe. The final component is the buffy coat layer of the blood, which holds both white cells and stem cells.
Parents are provided with a report describing test results for the buffy coat holding white cells and stem cells including total nucleated cells (TNC), post processing sterility, viable CD34+ counts, as well as maternal blood infectious disease results.
Final cord blood storage is in 25 ml blood (cryo) bag encased in an overwrap. Blood samples are kept in a quarantine freezer, then moved to long term freezer after they pass testing. Stem cells are stored in the vapour phase of cryogenic nitrogen.
Licensing & Accreditation
- Certified by Singapore Ministry of Health
- Accredited by AABB
- Accredited by FACT
- Cordlife Singapore is the first bank in Southeast Asia and one of only 7 private cord blood banks in the world, to achieve dual AABB & FACT accreditation
The Group has successfully performed 64 cord blood releases to support stem cell transplantation and therapeutic infusions.
Cordlife clients will be covered by a program known as the Cordlife Care360 – a holistic program aimed to safeguard our client and their family.
1) Cordlife provides the coverage of possible pregnancy and childbirth complications*.
2) Cordlife will cover future storage payments if death or total permanent disability* occurs to either biological parent of Child during the contractual storage period.
3) Cordlife assures clients a cord blood unit of suitable match or US$25,000 to defray medical costs if the cord blood loses its viability at point of transplant*.
4) Cordlife will cover the cost for additional tests required in the event of a transplant* - matching (HLA resolution test) and viability (CFU assay).
5) Cordlife has taken additional insurance coverage, to safeguard client and their family from financial loss resulting from direct malpractice*.
* Terms and Conditions apply
For more information, please submit a price plan enquiry
Cordlife has an exclusive license on patented technology to harvest and store two types of stem cells from the lining of the umbilical cord. This cord lining contains both Epithelial Stem Cells (EpSCs) and Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs).