You are here
Family Bank: Biogenis FamiCord
Biogenis Banca de Celule Stem is a member of the international banking network FamiCord that operates in more than 20 European countries and owns 8 laboratories.
Labs and Locations
Famicord owns a network of laboratories across Europe.
- FamiCord is currently controlled by Enterprise Investors.
- The history of Famicord began in 2002 with cord blood banking at the lab of PBKM.
- FamiCord currently (Oct. 2018) is the largest cord blood bank in Europe.
- FamiCord also offers public donation of cord blood.
- FamiCord owns a network of medical consultants and staff that answer telephones and e-mails.
- FamiCord family storage released for transplants: 45
- FamiCord also collects cord blood donations for the public, and has released 1 donation for a transplant.
- FamiCord participates in clinical trials (under bioethical committee approvals) using stem cells from cord blood and cord tissue.