You are here
AABB: Public & Family
FACT: Public & Family
AboutBank Director: Lawrence Petz, MD
StemCyte is a global cord blood therapeutics company. StemCyte participates in the US network of public cord blood banks operated by Be The Match. In addition, StemCyte operates the National Cord Blood Bank of Taiwan, whose units are also listed with Be The Match. The StemCyte laboratory and repository in California is accredited under the international FACT standards, and provides both public donation and family storage for US parents.
World-wide, StemCyte has provided over 2200 cord blood units to over 350 transplant centers, to treat over 58 conditions in 38 countries.
The list of hospitals that collect donations for StemCyte as of October 2021:
- Kaiser Permanente, Los Angeles OB (Sunset Blvd), CA
- Kaiser Permanente, Fontana, CA
- Kaiser Permanente, Ontario, CA
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, Long Beach, CA
- Sharp Mary Birch Hospital, San Diego, CA
- White Memorial Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
StemCyte collection hospitals in California are funded by the California Umbilical Cord Blood Collection Program (UCBCP).