You are here
Cord For Life
Public: Be The Match Public
AABB: Public & Family
AABB: Public & Family
Cord for Life accepts MAIL-IN DONATIONS from across the nation. Mothers must register by week 34 of pregnancy.
- Cord for Life was founded in 1993.
- Cord for Life has always been a leader in adopting innovations in cord blood laboratory operations.
- Cord for Life became the first public bank to accept mail-in donations in 2003, long before any other public banks, and continuing to this day.
- In 2008 the bank adopted the PrepaCyte-CB processing system for separating stem cells from cord blood. PrepaCyte-CB is the first cord blood processing platform to integrate a separation reagent which causes red cell sedimentation with the use of cryopreservation-ready, functionally closed-bag system.
- In 2013 the bank adopted the CryoStor serum-free, protein-free cryopreservation media product from BioLife Solutions.
Cord for Life both accepts mail-in donations and maintains traditional donation collection programs at selected hospitals in several states.
Collection sites, as of January 2023:
- Univ. Massachusetts Memorial Medical Center, Worcester, MA
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Mercy Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- Ascension Saint Agnes Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Overland Park, KS
- Olathe Medical Center, Olathe, KS
- Centura Castle Rock Adventist Hospital, Castle Rock, CO
Cord for Life receives donations from these hospitals in Indiana and Illinois through a partnership with Life Line Stem Cell:
- Community Hospital - Anderson, Anderson IN
- Community Hospital - Munster, Munster IN
- Community Hospital East - Indianapolis, Indianapolis IN
- Community Hospital North - Indianapolis, Indianapolis IN
- Community Hospital South - Indianapolis, Indianapolis IN
- Deaconess Women's Hospital, Newburgh IN
- Dupont Hospital, Fort Wayne IN
- Franciscan St. Anthony Medical Center - Crown Point, Crown Point IN
- Franciscan St. Anthony Medical Center - Michigan City, Michigan City IN
- Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health - Lafayette East, Lafayette IN
- Franciscan St. Francis Health - Indianapolis, Indianapolis IN
- Franciscan St. Francis Health - Mooresville , Mooresville IN
- Franciscan St. Margaret Health - Dyer, Dyer IN
- Franciscan St. Margaret Health - Hammond, Hammond IN
- Good Samaritan Hospital Vincennes, Vincennes IN
- Greene County General Hospital, Linton, IN
- IU Health Arnett Hospital, Lafayette IN
- IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie IN
- La Porte Hospital, La Porte IN
- Marion General Hospital, Marion, IN
- Memorial Hospital and Healthcare Center, Jasper IN
- Methodist Hospitals Northlake, Gary IN
- Methodist Hospitals Southlake, Merillville IN
- Parkview DeKalb Hospital, Auburn IN
- Porter Regional Hospital, Valparaiso IN
- Riverview Health, Noblesville IN
- St. Catherine Hospital, East Chicago IN
- St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Mishawaka, Mishawaka IN
- St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Plymouth, Plymouth IN
- St. Mary Medical Center Hobart, Hobart IN
- Union Hospital, Terre Haute, IN
- Franciscan Health Olympia Fields, Olympia Fields IL
Mail-in DonationsCord for Life became the first public cord blood bank to accept MAIL-IN DONATIONS in 2003. Today Cord for Life both accepts mail-in donations and maintains traditional donation collection programs at selected hospitals in several states.
Address: 270 Northlake Boulevard, Altamonte Springs FL 32701