You are here
MD Anderson Cord Blood Bank
Public: Be The Match Public
FACT: Public & Family
AboutBank Director: Elizabeth J. Shpall, MD
M.D. Anderson hospital has the largest stem cell transplantation program in the world, and in April 2005 they established a public cord blood bank that is accredited under the international FACT/Netcord standards. Expectant mothers who wish to donate must register by the 34th week of pregnancy and pass a health screening.
Collecting hospitals as of September 2016:
- Ben Taub General Hospital, Houston, TX
- Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, TX
- Memorial Hermann Southwest, Houston, TX
- St. Joseph Medical Center, Houston, TX
- The Woman's Hospital of Texas, Houston, TX
- St. John Providence Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit, MI
- Providence Park Hospital, Southfield, MI
Collection sites that were previously operated at hospitals in California were funded by the California Umbilical Cord Blood Collection Program (UCBCP) and operated in partnership with the Joanne Pang Foundation.