AboutSevibe Cells is a member of the international banking network FamiCord that operates in more than 20 European countries and owns 4 laboratories. Sevibe Cells serves parents in Spain, Andorra, Gibralter. Sevibe Cells is part of the Asociación Española de Bancos de Células Madre (ABCM).
Labs and LocationsFamicord owns a network of laboratories in 4 countries:
Poland (Warsaw) - Polski Bank Komórek Macierzystych S.A. (PBKM)
Hungary (Budapest) - Krio
Spain (Girona) - Sevibe Cells
Romania (Bucharest) - Biogenis
FamiCord also sub-contracts storage to these laboratories:
USA (new Jersey) - Community Blood Services
Germany (Leipzig) - InnovaStem at Bio City
Hungary (Miskolc) - Miskolc Hospital
Business Experience- FamiCord is currently controlled by Enterprise Investors.
- The history of Famicord began in 2002 with cord blood banking at the lab of PBKM.
- FamiCord currently (Feb. 2013) processes about 1200 cord blood collections per month, which gives them the 3rd position in Europe.
- FamiCord cord blood inventory among the bank's 4 labs is currently (Feb. 2013) more than 70.000, 4th largest in Europe.
- FamiCord began public banking in 2011 and now has more than 400 donations that may be searched by patients in need of a match.
- FamiCord owns a network of medical consultants and staff that answer telephones and e-mails.
- Number of employees within FamiCord Group: 200
Licensing & AccreditationSome laboratories are accredited by their national Ministry of Health.
International accreditation of the laboratories owned by FamiCord:
Poland (Warsaw) - PBKM - AABB, ISO 9001:2008
Hungary (Budapest) - Krio - AABB, ISO 9001:2008
Spain (Girona) - Sevibe Cells -
Romania (Bucharest) - Biogenis -