Public: Be The Match Public
AboutBank Director: John R. Wingard, MD
LifeCord is a cord blood donation program of LifeSouth Community Blood Centers. LifeCord was the first public cord bank established in the Southeastern United States and in June 2013 received the FDA BLA license for cord blood.
LifeCord, located in Gainesville FL, was established in 1997 and since then has collected more than 38,000 cord blood units and listed more than 5,800 of them for public use and sent units for transplant to 28 states and 13 countries. LifeCord belongs to the cohort of banks funded by HRSA to collect racially diverse donations for the national cord blood inventory.
The medical director of LifeCord is John R. Wingard, M.D., director of the Bone Marrow Transplant Program at UF Health. LifeCord uses the state of the art, fully automated Sepax processing system from Biosafe. The Sepax processing kit is a sterile, single-use, functionally closed system, so that the cord blood never comes into contact with the external environment.
As of September 2017, collections are accepted from:
- North Florida Regional Medical Center, Gainesville FL
- UF Health (formerly known as Shands), Gainesville FL
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Baptist Medical Center East, Montgomery, AL
- Baptist Medical Center South, Montgomery, AL
- Jackson Hospital, Montgomery, AL
- East Alabama Medical Center, Opelika, AL
- Brookwood Medical Center, Birmingham, AL
- Northeast Alabama Regional Medical Center, Anniston, AL
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center, Gainesville, GA
- Piedmont Henry Hospital, Stockbridge, GA
- Gwinnett Medical Center, Lawrenceville, GA
Contact infoАдрес: 4039 Newberry Road, Gainesville FL 32607 Gainesville