Você está aqui
Family Bank: CellSave America
CellSave is part of CSG-BIO Group, one of the largest stem cell providers in the world with over 350,000 cord blood and cord tissue samples listed in their name. The CellSave client inventory was built over 20 years, including client families from over 80 countries across 6 continents. Their state-of-the art stem cell laboratories are part of a global network, always applying the most innovating and advanced technologies as well as the highest industry standards.
CellSave offers families the next generation of stem cell banking solutions by including stem cells from 4 different sources in their comprehensive packages: cord blood, cord tissue, placenta tissue and amnion placental tissue.
Labs and Locations
CellSave America is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona. CellSave is registered with the US FDA for collection of stem cells from cord blood, cord tissue, placenta tissue and amnion placental tissue.
CellSave contracts laboratory services to both Cryopoint (BHC LLC) in Brownsburg, Indiana and to Vitalant New Jersey in Montvale, New Jersey. These are both FDA-registered, AABB-accredited cord blood processing laboratories. Vitalant New Jersey is also accredited by the American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI) and is a member of Be The Match national registry of public cord blood banks. Since first opening over 70 years ago, Vitalant New Jersey has processed over 35,000 units of cord blood and provided cord blood stem cells for over 300 transplants.
The CellSave contract laboratories are available process cord blood collections seven days a week, 365 days a year. CellSave has Stem Cell Specialists available to speak with parents 7 days a week (Monday - Friday 9 AM - Midnight EST and Saturday - Sunday 9 AM - 6 PM EST). To speak with a specialist and learn more about newborn stem cell banking, please call +1.800 913.1391
CellSave and the CSG-BIO Group have more than 20 years of industry experience. They have pioneered new stem cell technologies and helped advanced clinical applications of newborn stem cells.
Worldwide, CellSave lists over 650,000 stem cell samples, including 350,000 samples of cord blood and cord tissue. Over 100 stem cell samples have been released from their global laboratories for treatment purposes. Over 20 of these samples were to help families use their cord blood and cord tissue stem cells for established medical treatments and approved clinical trials.
CellSave has a unique 4-in-1 collection kit that provides the necessary materials for the collection of cord blood, cord tissue, placental tissue and amnion placental tissue. The collection kit is designed with the most advanced features:
- Both temperature-protected and temperature-monitored.
- Electronically tracked during the transportation to ensure the integrity of the samples.
- Safe and easy collection with the maximum amount of stem cells collected following birth.
- Cord blood collection bag provided in the kit contains CPD, an FDA approved anti-coagulant which is heparin-free.
- The collection bag is packed in individual aluminium sterile packaging so that it can be used in the operating room for C-Sections.
- Each bag provides two needles for increased safety and quality control.
CellSave collection kit includes thermal foam insulation and gel packs that control the temperature during transportation to the laboratory. The collections kits have been designed and validated to shield the samples from extreme temperatures. Samples remain at room temperature and are transported directly to the laboratory for processing. The kits are temperature-protected to ensure the integrity of the samples.
Following the collection, the labor and delivery staff will return the collection kit to a designated family member, who will then request the pick-up of the collection kit from the hospital room. The collection kit is pre-labelled and includes a pre-paid airwaybill. An electronic tracking program ensures the kit is tracked from the time it leaves the mother’s bedside to its arrival at the laboratory. CellSave’s base price includes all shipping charges. The courier is available on weekends and holidays and maintains a secure chain-of-custody.
CellSave cord blood processing results in a red cell reduced stem cell product, the industry gold standard. The "buffy coat" fraction of the blood containing white cells and stem cells is stored. Red blood cells and plasma are stored separately for future testing.
- The CryoPlus option includes both the cord blood and cord tissue, which is stored in 8 separate units including integrally attached segments.
- The CryoAdvanced option stores the cord blood, cord tissue and placental tissue, which is stored in 10 separate units including integrally attached segments.
- The CryoUltimate option stores the cord blood, cord tissue, placental tissue, and amnion placental tissue, which is stored in 12 separate units including integrally attached segments.
Parents are provided with the sample test results (including maternal infectious disease test results, TNC count, MNC count, and CD34+/CD45+ count) and also a Certificate of Storage.
CellSave stores cord blood in multi-compartment cryo-storage bags. Prior to storage, each cryobag is placed in a second overwrap bag, which is sealed as an extra precaution against possible cross contamination. Additionally, each cord blood bag is placed in an aluminum outer storage canister for enhanced mechanical protection and effective long-term protection. Each canister has unique bar-coded identification labels.
CellSave stores the stem cells in biovaults, called dewars, specially designed for long-term cryostorage. The cord blood units are suspended above a pool of liquid nitrogen, at -196 degrees Celsius, that creates a vapor-phase environment without immersing them in liquid, which can enable cross-contamination. The dewars are capable of operating without electricity and there is 24/7 recording of storage condition parameters. The cord blood and birth tissue are cryogenically stored in separate dewars for additional safety.
Licensing & Accreditation
- CellSave always applies the most innovating and advanced technologies as well as the highest industry standards. CellSave is registered with the US FDA for collection of stem cells from cord blood, cord tissue, placenta tissue and amnion placental tissue.
- The cord blood and birth tissues are processed and stored in an FDA registered, AABB-accredited laboratory.
- In addition, CellSave is licensed by all US states that require cord blood bank licensing: CA, IL, MD, NJ and NY.
CellSave global laboratories have released over 100 stem cell samples for treatment purposes. Over 20 of these samples were to help families use their cord blood and cord tissue stem cells for established medical treatments and approved clinical trials.
CellSave guarantees the viability of their client’s samples through a Quality Service Guarantee. The CellSave Quality Service Guarantee will provide clients up to $115,000 in financial assistance should the stored stem cells fail to “engraft” during transplantation. The guarantee can be used to defray the cost of the procurement of an alternative source of stem cells if medically indicated.
CellSave’s prices are comprehensive with no hidden fees. Prices start at $1,660 for cord blood only or $127/month for 12 months. For the latest special offers, please call 1-800-913-1391 or visit CellSave’s website at www.cellsave.com
CryoPlus: Cord Blood + Cord Tissue
- Annual Plan
- $2,595 or $211/month (12 months), ($315 annual storage fee - starts 2nd year) – Bundle Savings $725 - Includes shipping, processing, testing and 1st year of storage
- Prepaid Storage Plan
- $5,899 or $509/month (12 months) – Prepaid Savings $2,996 - Includes shipping, processing, testing and 20 years of storage
CryoAdvanced: Cord Blood + Cord Tissue + Placental Tissue
- Annual Plan
- $3,199 or $265/month (12 months), ($550 annual storage fee - starts 2nd year) – Bundle Savings $1,781 - Includes shipping, processing, testing and 1st year of storage
- Prepaid Storage Plan
- $7,899 or $689/month (12 months) – Prepaid Savings $6,300 - Includes shipping, processing, testing and 20 years of storage
CryoUltimate: Cord Blood + Cord Tissue + Placental Tissue + Amnion Placental Tissue
- Annual Plan
- $3,499 or $292/month (12 months), ($675 annual storage fee - starts 2nd year) – Bundle Savings $3,141 - Includes shipping, processing, and testing 1st year of storage