Você está aqui
Family Bank: Evercord
Evercord™ is dedicated to families planning their future. Adhering to the highest quality standards in newborn stem cell banking, Evercord enables parents to collect, store, and retrieve their newborn’s cord blood and tissue for future use of stem cells in transplantation and regenerative medicine. Evercord backs the quality of its cord blood banking with the highest-valued quality guarantee in the US. If the cord blood stem cells fails to engraft, we will reimburse you $100,000 plus a full refund of your fees. Restrictions apply. Please visit our website for more information and disclaimers.
Labs and Locations
The laboratory partner of Evercord™, Bloodworks Northwest, is located in Seattle, Washington. All processing is done at the state-of-the-art Bloodworks facility near the Seattle-Tacoma international airport. Bloodworks is a member of Be The Match, is accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) and certified by the Clinical Laboratory Improvements Amendment (CLIA). It is also one of only seven cord blood laboratories in the US that are licensed by, not just registered with, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Evercord™ is a partnership between Natera® (a leader in non-invasive prenatal testing) and Bloodworks Northwest (a public cord blood bank with 20 years of experience). This unique collaboration can potentially expand families' stem cell treatment options in the future by offering high quality cord blood cryopreservation along with Natera’s ability to provide timely information about genetic disease risk. Natera’s headquarters are in San Carlos, California.
Evercord’s laboratory partner Bloodworks has released over 1,100 public cord blood units for transplant to more than 100 hospitals around the world. This is more than the leading private cord blood banks combined.
The Evercord™ collection kit is designed to preserve the greatest possible number of live cord blood stem cells. In a comparative study in our lab, the Evercord™ collection kit showed superior ability to maintain the cord blood inside the kit within a safe temperature range despite exposure to extreme temperatures outside. There are multiple independent studies showing that preserving the temperature in a narrow range ensures more number of viable stem cells.1-3
- Evercord™ provides an FDA-approved sterile collection bag for cord blood and collection cup for cord tissue. Both are effective for all deliveries (including cesarean sections).
- The cord blood collection bag is pre-filled with the FDA-recommended anticoagulant citrate phosphate dextrose (CPD), which is recommended specifically for cord blood banking to preserve cells.
- The ChloraPrep™ device included in the kit is used to clean the cord before inserting a needle to collect cord blood. ChloraPrep contains a fast-acting and long lasting antimicrobial agent that reduces bacterial growth for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Thermal test report (2017) from studies conducted by Polyfoam Corporation; data on file are available upon request.
- Schwandt et al. Cytotherapy. 2017 Jun; 19(8):962-967.
- Vowels et al. Blood. 2005 Nov; 106 (11):5272.
The Evercord™ collection kit is designed to preserve the greatest number of live stem cells and proven to protect cord blood stem cells from extreme temperatures that can occur during transportation. The container includes a TheraPak gel pack, silver-insulated pouch, foam-insulated pouch, and tight-sealing kit.
An independent study performed by Polyfoam Corporation (2017) compared Evercord against Viacord and CBR kits. In this study, Evercord’s transportation container (the collection kit) held the ideal temperature range inside for multiple hours when exposed to extreme outside temperatures (as hot as 95 degrees to as cold as 14 degrees Fahrenheit). This ensures that the maximum number of stem cells are delivered to the laboratory for preservation.
- After you have delivered your baby and his or her cord blood has been collected, you simply call our medical courier, who will come and pick up your kit from the hospital for transport to our lab.
- Evercord uses Quick International, a private medical courier service with more than 30 years of experience shipping life-saving organs and blood products for transplant and research.
- Our courier service is available 24/7, 365 days a year
- The cost for use in the US is included in your first year’s fees.
- For your peace of mind, once your baby’s sample has safely reached our lab, you will receive notification.
Evercord™ provides individualized care for every single unit of cord blood.
- We carefully prepare cord blood for cryopreservation by removing the red blood cells and plasma and storing the portion of the blood that contains white blood cells and stem cells for future use.
- Each unit undergoes a manual processing method for more precise control (unlike “batch” processing of several units at once).
- We rigorously test the cord blood sample for quality, viability, and bacterial contamination.
- We store cord tissue whole with minimal processing, so, in the future, it is available to parents to use with the most advanced technology available at that time.
Evercord™ offers storage of both umbilical cord blood and tissue.*
- We provide you with a certificate of cryopreservation.
- We prepare a document describing the clinical details of the cord blood unit to include the total nucleated stem cell count.
- Cord tissue is stored whole to preserve all cell types for possible future use.
* For residents of New York State: Evercord™ cord tissue services are limited to collection of umbilical cord tissue and processing and long-term storage of umbilical cord tissue or cord tissue-derived cells. Evercord's possession of a New York State tissue banking license for such collection, processing, and/or long-term storage does not indicate approval or endorsement of possible future uses or future suitability of these cells.
Evercord™ samples are stored in the vapor phase of cryogenic nitrogen at -196 degrees Celsius to preserve the cells in their most pristine condition.
- To preserve the cells in their most pristine condition, samples are stored in the vapor phase of cryogenic nitrogen at -196 degrees Celsius.
- The final product is stored in an 80/20 cryogenic storage bag. If stem cell expansion technology becomes available, parents may request that the 20% unit be expanded, leaving 80% for future additional treatments.
- Evercord also stores three samples for unit testing plus results from tests of the maternal blood. This gives doctors information they may need at the time of use.
- Every unit has an overwrap for additional protection during storage.
Licensing & Accreditation
The Evercord™ cord blood laboratory is FDA-registered, FDA-licensed, AABB-accredited, and CLIA-certified.
- The Evercord™ laboratory has 20 years of public cord blood banking experience.
- Our laboratory has released over 1,100 cord blood units for transplant to more than 100 hospitals around the world.1
- Our laboratory contributes about 50 cord blood units per month to the national registry Be The Match.
- There is no guarantee that your physician will choose stem cell transplant with your child's cord blood over other courses of treatment. Please see our medical disclaimers.
1The transplant data cited is from the experience of Bloodworks as a public cord blood bank.
Evercord™ backs the quality of its cord blood with the highest-valued quality guarantee in the US. If the sample fails to engraft, we will fully refund your fees. In addition, we will reimburse you $100,000. Restrictions apply. Please visit our website for disclaimers.
The Family Connection Program enables access to a potentially lifesaving treatment for siblings. If a family has a child diagnosed with one of the 80 diseases treatable by cord blood stem cells, Evercord™ will cryopreserve and store the cord blood at no charge for a period of five years.
At Evercord™, our goal is to offer cord blood banking at an affordable monthly rate that is lower than the average family’s cell phone bill. Plus, no payment is necessary until the cord blood unit is stored at our lab.
Discounts offered by Evercord™:
- Thank you to parents who teach our children: special savings for teachers.
- Thank you to parents who protect all children: special savings for active military.
- Congratulations on your twins or triplets: special savings for multiple births.
- Thank you to parents who bank more than one child’s cells with us: special savings for returning clients banking more than one child’s stem cells with Evercord™ .
- Thank you to parents who refer friends: $200 referral bonus for referring friends who bank with Evercord™.
- Thank you to parents who purchase long-term storage: savings for clients choosing long-term or lifetime packages.
- VIP savings for parents who attend an Evercord™ event.
Plus, ask about our gift registry for grandparents. Call us at 1.844.243.5211 to learn about a FREE brunch or dinner with Evercord™ in your area.
Evercord™ is a member of the Natera® family, which also provides:
- Complimentary genetic information sessions with board-certified genetic counselors who can answer questions in more than 200 languages, using our complementary translator services.
- Horizon™, a test of your genes to see if you are a carrier for up to 274 autosomal recessive and X-linked genetic conditions (35 of which are currently treatable with cord blood stem cells).
- Panorama, a market-leading non-invasive prenatal screening test that reveals a baby's risk for certain chromosomal disorders as early as nine weeks.
- Spectrum, a preimplantation screening and diagnostic test that evaluates embryos for specific chromosomal abnormalities and inherited genetic disorders.
- For a list of all offerings and products, visit us at www.natera.com