You are here
St. Louis Cord Blood Bank
AboutBank Director: Donna Regan, MT(ASCP)SBB
St. Louis Cord Blood Bank accepts cord blood donations from hospitals in the St. Louis area.
The St. Louis Cord Blood Bank (SLCBB) is headed by Donna Regan, a former member of the HHS Advisory Council on Blood Stem Cell Transplantation, the 2016-2017 President of AABB, and active in research on cord blood processing and storage. The laboratory director of SLCBB is Salem Akel, PhD. SLCBB belongs to the cohort of banks funded by HRSA to collect racially diverse donations for the national cord blood inventory.
Collection centers as of December 2017:
- Mercy Hospital Saint Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center, St. Louis, MO
- SSM Health DePaul Hospital, Bridgeton, MO
- SSM Health St. Clare Hospital, Fenton, MO
- SSM Health St. Joseph's Hospital - Lake St. Louis, Lake St. Louis, MO
- SSM Health St. Joseph's Hospital - St. Charles, St. Charles, MO
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- St. Luke's Hospital, Chesterfield, MO