Cordón Vital - Peru
AboutParent bank: Cordón Vital
Cordón Vital es el único banco familiar de alto valor agregado en México y el único que ofrece guardar las células madre en su propio banco en México o en Estados Unidos con sus socios Cord Blood Registry (CBR) o FamilyCord.
- Cordón Vital (CV) has marketed cord blood banking since 2001 and has operated their private lab since 2009.
- CV has collected and received around 10,000 units.
- CV started collecting and processing tissue in March 2016.
- The bank has a qualified staff and a round the clock emergency response team to attend custumers during unexpected situations.
- CV has a donation program for public banks and has a close working relationship with local medical authorities such as CNTS (Centro Nacional de la Transfusión Sanguínea) and the IMSS’s (Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social) public banks.
- CV works closely with Mexico’s scientific community.
- CV is a founding member of the Cord Blood Association (CBA).
Cordón Vital collection kits are specifically designed to maximize the amount of recovered blood. They are equipped with:
- The collection bag has a two needle system that ensures that no debris impairs the collection process.
- The kit holds CPD Anticoagulant.
- 3 blood containers for the mother’s serological trials.
- Special container for cord tissue
The Cordón Vital transportation container has gel packs and thermal insulation equipment. It is validated to maintain room temperature under test conditions and is also guaranteed to maintain it for 48 hours at least. The transport container is equipped with a quadruple protection technology that includes:
- A stabilizing ring.
- A thermal layer.
- A poly paper precautionary bag.
- An impact resistant outer packaging layer.
This makes the kits resistant, compact, thermally balanced and overall stable.
- Shipping arrangements are made by Cordón Vital and not by the customers.
- Contract prices include shipping.
- Standard shipping is done by FedEx, DHL and Intercom to the USA is available for an extra $280 USD.
- For internal shipping within Mexico, shipment is done through DHL, FedEx and/or through company employees.
Cordón Vital México separates stem cells with the automated Sepax system.
The final storage is the "buffy cost" of the cord blood holding white cells and stem cells, plus 3 testing portions.
- Final storage is in blood bags.
- Storage container is encased in over wrap and later in a metal canister.
- Cryopreservation consists in putting the samples into the vapor phase of cryogenic nitrogen.
Licensing & Accreditation
- Licensed by Comisión Federal Para La Protección Contra Riesgos Sanitarios (COFEPRIS)
- License Number: 09 TS 09 016 036
- Certified by ISO9001
To date Cordón Vital has not released privately stored cord blood for therapy. However, Cordón Vital has helped the public banks to collect over a thousand cord blood donations, and among them 8 went to therapy.
- Families will receive a monetary amount in the event of a transplant or other stem cell therapy only if it fails.
- Stem cells are guaranteed to be kept in the unusual case that one parent or both should die before the child reaches adulthood.
- Annual fee will remain the same for up to 18 years.
- There is also a warrantee up to 2000 USD in case the stem cells require transportation.
- Discounts are made to medical personnel.
- Cordón Vital has a community service program that collects cord blood donations for the public with IMSS (The Mexican Institute of social security) at their hospital Centro Medico Nacional La Raza and the CNTS (Centro Nacional de la Transfusion Sanguinea) public banks.
- Cordón Vital also has a directed donation program, to support families who have a child with disease conditions to store the cord blood of a newborn sibling.
Cordón Vital México
- Basic Package Cord Blood
- $22,800 MXN
- Discounts for pre-paid annual storage are available.
- Payment plans are available upon request.
- Cordón Vital México offers a free year for every customer recommended signing with Cordon Vital.