You are here
Family Bank: Cryo-Save India
On 31 Oct. 2013 the local management of Cryo-Save (India) Private Limited completed a buyout of the company from its parent Cryo-Save Group N.V. in Europe.
Labs and Locations
The laboratory of Cryo-Save India Private Limited is located:
No. 183, Gayathri Tech Park, Road 1B, EPIP,
KIADB, White Field, Bangalore - 560 066, India
This laboratory is accredited by ISO 9001:2008
In addition, Cryo-Save has nodal office centers covering the regions of India.
Prior to 31 Oct. 2013, Cryo-Save (India) Private Limited (Cryo-Save India) was a 100% subsidiary of Cryo-Save Group N.V. Cryo-Save India was established in 2008 and has since been marketing Cord Blood Banking services and Cord Tissue Banking services since 2009 across India through its nodal centers. The laboratory in Bangalore and is AABB, WHO-GMP and ISO 9001:2008 accredited and is licensed by The DCGI (The Drug Controller General of India).
Before the delivery of the baby, the Cryo-Save customer receives a collection kit enabling physicians and midwives to collect the umbilical cord blood and cord tissue. Cryo-Save provides them with adequate information and training before hand as appropriate. All materials in the collection kit are sterile both inside & outside so that they can be used in labor/operating room during a normal or a C-Section delivery.
The Cryo-Save Collection kit contains:
• Blood Bag: Terumo Penpol® 150 ml Umbilical Cord Blood Bag CPD 150 ml containing 22 ml anticoagulant Citrate Phosphate Dextrose Solution IP
• Zip Lock Covers
• Gel Packs for temperature control of the Cord Blood Sample during transportation
• Alcohol Swabs
• Absorbent Wipe
• Sterile Dressing Pad
• Disposable Syringe
• Vacutainer Tubes for Maternal Blood Sample
• Conical Tube for Umbilical Cord Tissue Sample
• Documents for Collection Procedure with pictorial presentation
• Documents for Client Records
• AWB and Packaging for Logistics
• Cryo-Save's Sample Collection Kit in a thermocool container with gel pack ensures maintaining the temperature for a certain number of hours, to permit a safe arrival at the lab.
• Cryo-Save's Sample Collection Kit Box is validated to maintain temperature within set criteria under test conditions.
• The Cryo-Save Sample Collection Kit packaging is certified by the Indian Institute of Packaging.
• The client is briefed on shipping instructions at the time of registration. Also, a copy of the shipping instructions is made available in the sample collection kit box.
• The contract price includes shipping. Soon after birth, the cord blood will be picked up, by Cryo-Save personnel or by a certified international courier service (on behalf of Cryo-Save) and taken to Cryo-Save’s processing facility immediately thereafter (within 48 hours). There it will be checked, processed and cryo-preserved. The courier is available on weekends and public holidays.
The Cryo-Save processing method is an automated Sepax system from the Swiss company Biosafe. Sepax is an automated cell separation system which relies on a light beam to sense the density gradient between different cell layers after the blood has been centrifuged. The processing kit is sterile, functionally closed, and single-use.
• Blood components stored are the "buffy coat" holding white cells and stem cells plus 2 contiguous testing portions.
• Parents are provided with a certificate including all basic and necessary information.
• Doctors are provided with a document including all specific information if required.
• Final storage is in Cryo bags encased in overwrap. The bag is stored temporarily in a quarantine freezer and then moved to a long term freezer after the sample clears infectious disease testing.
• Computer controlled rate freezer is used to cool the stem cells.
• Freezer uses vapor phase of cryogenic nitrogen.
Licensing & Accreditation
• The DCGI (The Drugs Controller General of India)
• WHO-GMP (World Health Organization- Good Manufacturing Practices)
• ISO 9001:2008
As an additional measure for our quality services, Cryo-Save India participates in the external quality assessment programs with nationally recognized organizations like the ISHTM-AIIMS in New Delhi and the BEQAS in SDM Hospital Jaipur. Assessment is conducted on a quarterly basis every year, showing our interest to ensure quality services to our clients. In addition, Cryo-Save India lab is periodically audited by the Quality Assurance team of Cryo-Save Group, Europe.
Cryo-Save the global company has so far released 10 samples of stem cells stored by it for usage in Clinical Trials / Treatments, of these 8 were autologous and 2 were for siblings.
• German Heart Centre, Berlin
In co-operation with the German Heart Centre in Berlin, Cryo-Save offers children born with cardiac failure the opportunity to participate in a cost-free stem cell storage programme. If you would like to know more, please contact our hotline or Professor Christoph Stamm at the German Heart Centre.
Cryo-Save is a founding member of The ITERA (International Tissue Engineering Research Association) Life-Sciences Forum, an international forum of scientists specializing in stem cells, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. The international board of the ITERA Life-Sciences Forum is composed of researchers and physicians from universities, university hospitals, stem cell and research institutes and biotechnological companies. The annual international ITERA Life-Sciences Forum workshop is dedicated to the latest developments in stem cell research.
Together with five universities in Europe and the Fraunhofer Institute, Cryo-Save has been selected to conduct fundamental research in the field of cryopreservation techniques for stem cells in an EU funded Framework Programme called CRYSTAL or CRYo banking of Stem cells for human Therapeutic AppLication. The project commenced in the beginning of March 2007, bringing all partners together to discuss concrete collaboration and the exchange of stem cell samples.
The European Commission has funded and launched the HYPERLAB project, where Cryo-Save cooperates with seven universities and research institutes. This is a three-year project, which aims to develop new and improved culture methods, media and protocols for stem cell cultivation and differentiation. We are the only cord blood bank in Europe to take part in these advanced projects –reflecting both our leading market position and our commitment to the development of stem cell research.
• The contract carries Quality Service Guarantee, if the cord blood is needed and fails to engraft.
• All the process (from collection to shipping and processing) is covered by insurance.
• Cost-free Family Donation Programme
As a service to the public, Cryo-Save offers its Cost-free Family Donation Programme, free of charge*, to families wishing to store their newborn's umbilical cord blood stem cells for a family member diagnosed with a life-threatening disease treatable by stem cells. This includes diseases such as Sickle Cell Anaemia and some forms of Leukaemia.
This programme is specifically designed to offer families in need the opportunity to have the cord blood stem cells of their expected newborn child collected and saved without any charges, aiming to treat a diseased first line relative in the near future.
In order to qualify, the family member must be diagnosed with a disease that is currently treatable with umbilical cord blood stem cells, be a first degree blood relative, and have an oncologist/haematologist who agrees that the stem cells can be used for treatment. If eligible, Cryo-Save will provide the collection kit, process and store the newborn's cord blood sample, until needed, without any cost to the family.
• Angel Parenting Programme
An Angel Parent is anyone (a friend, a relative, a well-wisher of the expectant parents) who can gift stem cell banking to the newborn.
The Angel Parent can buy the Angel Parenting gift voucher from Cryo-Save India and gift it to the baby for stem cell banking. Even colleagues can be an Angel Parent by gifting the stem cell banking to their expectant colleague as a baby shower gift or any other such occasion.
• Cryo Cord:
This service includes only the Cryo preservation of the stem cells derived from Umbilical Cord blood. The service Fee includes, logistics, testing, processing and storage for 21 years.
Cryo Cord: Subscription fee INR 5,000 + service fee INR 80,000 = Total fee INR 85,000
• Cryo Cord+: This service includes the standard processing and storage of the stem cells derived from Umbilical Cord blood plus additional processing & storage of Umbilical Cord Tissue.
Cryo Cord+: Subscription fee INR 5,000 + service fee INR 85,000 = Total fee INR 90,000
Note that interest free installment schemes are available for up to 36 months. (Payment options available on request)
• Storage of Umbilical Cord Tissue along with the stem cells derived from Umbilical Cord Blood.
• Storage of stem cells from Adipose Tissue (In European Countries and USA only)
Prices with Additional Services
See "Prices" above.