Sie sind hier
What is HON accreditation of the Parent's Guide to Cord Blood?
Health on the Net Foundation (HON) is an international non-profit under the United Nations that is dedicated to inspecting and accrediting medical websites for accurate and ethical content. Parent's Guide to Cord Blood Foundation is the only cord blood organization that is currently accredited by HON, and we have been continuously accredited since May 2001.
Websites accredited under the HON code are committed to abide by these 8 principles:
- Authority - Give qualifications of authors
- Complementarity - Information to support, not replace physician
- Confidentiality - Respect the privacy of site users
- Attribution - Cite the sources and dates of medical information
- Justifiability - Justification of claims / balanced and objective claims
- Transparency - Accessibility, provide valid contact details
- Financial disclosure - Provide details of funding
- Advertising - Clearly distinguish advertising from editorial content