Find regulations by country or state
- How is education from the Parent's Guide to Cord Blood unique?
- We are the only organization in the United States providing cord blood education materials that offer balanced information about both donation and family storage, and are approved by an Advisory Panel of leading Scientists and Medical Doctors.
- How is the website of the Parent's Guide to Cord Blood unique?
- Only searchable map of US donation locations.
- Only worldwide directory of private/family cord blood banks that is actively maintained.
- Only website offering a Compare Banks tool that is not a marketing feature of one of the Banks.
- Only list of "diseases treated" that differentiates between standard vs. experimental therapy, and whether the treatment uses stem cells from the patient vs. a donor.
- Only cord blood web site that is accredited by Health on the Net (HON) standards for accuracy and ethics.
- Recommendations from Parent's Guide to Cord Blood
- Educate expectant parents about all their options for cord blood (Education)
- Choose a family bank that meets all your national and local regulations, plus has been inspected by an accreditation agency (Lab Standards)
- Choose a family bank that uses a specialized courier to transport cord blood (Find a Family Bank), or in some countries the family can hire a specialized courier directly (Shipping & Handling).