NuvaCord is dedicated to educating, enrolling, and providing the cord blood banking options that are right for each family. Donations to the NuvaCord Network are funded by 10% proceeds from family collections, financial donations, and public assistance. Applications for donation require registration and form completion online at https://nuvacord.net and are considered up to and including the 38th week of pregnancy. NuvaCord is particularly interested in collecting cord blood of rare types (Type O-, Native American, etc.) and cord blood expressing the CCR5d32/d32 receptor variant.
As of August 2013, the following hospitals stock NuvaCord collection kits. Mothers who expect to deliver at other hospitals may also enroll to donate, but the parents will be responsible to bring the collection kit to the hospital before delivery and afterwards ship it to the public cord blood bank.
- UT Southwestern (St. Paul) Hospital, Dallas, TX
- Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, Dallas, TX
- Medical City of Dallas, Dallas, TX
- The Medical Center of Plano, Plano, TX
- Baylor Medical Center - Frisco, Frisco, TX
- Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital, Sugar Land, TX
- Flower Hospital, Sylvania, OH
- Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ
Cord blood donated through NuvaCord is sent to Community Blood Services, aka New Jersey Cord Blood Bank, a public bank that participates in the NMDP national registry.