MD Anderson Cord Blood Bank
M.D. Anderson hospital has the largest stem cell transplantation program in the world, and in April 2005 they established a public cord blood bank. The bank director is Elizabeth Shpall, MD. They are accredited under the international FACT/Netcord standards.
Collecting hospitals as of March 2013:
- Ben Taub General Hospital, Houston, TX
- Memorial Herman Southwest, Houston, TX
- St. Joseph Medical Center, Houston, TX
- The Woman's Hospital of Texas, Houston, TX
- Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford, Palo Alto, CA
Collection sites at hospitals in California are funded by the California Umbilical Cord Blood Collection Program (UCBCP).