Life Line Stem Cell
AboutLife Line Stem Cell is a non-profit organization that took over from Donor Services of Indiana in May 2011. Life Line Stem Cell provides staff at their contract hospitals who approach mothers when they arrive at the hospital for labor and delivery. Mothers are asked to donate their baby's Umbilical Cord Blood, Placenta, and Umbilical Cord Tissue. Life Line Stem Cell is strictly a blood and tissue recovery organization, they ship their collections to partner laboratories.
Donated cord blood goes to the NMDP public bank LifeForce Cryobanks. Perinatal tissue donations support a variety of research programs. In addition, the outer membrane of the amniotic sac, called the amnion, is used whole as a dressing to heal wounds and ulcers. In 2014 Life Line Stem Cell collected 105 cord blood collections that passed all stages of testing and were listed on the Be The Match (operated by NMDP).
Life Line Stem Cell does not have the ability to staff hospitals 24/7, and the public bank Lifeforce Cryobanks does not accept collections over weekends or holidays, but they do their absolute best to approach every mother when she comes in for delivery. Mothers also have the option to preregister with Life Line Stem Cell, but it is not mandatory.
Life Line Stem Cell has contracts in these hospitals as of Sept. 2015:
- Community Hospital, Munster, IN
- Dupont Hospital, Fort Wayne, IN
- Franciscan St. Anthony Health, Crown Point, IN
- Franciscan St. Anthony Health, Michigan City, IN
- Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health, Lafayette, IN
- Franciscan St. Francis Health, Indianapolis, IN
- Franciscan St. Francis Health, Mooresville, IN
- Franciscan St. James Health, Chicago Heights, IL
- Franciscan St. Margaret Health, Dyer, IN
- Franciscan St. Margaret Health, Hammond, IN
- I.U. Health Arnett Hospital, Lafayette, IN
- I.U. Health Ball Memorial, Muncie, IN
- Porter Regional Hospital, Valparaiso, IN
- Riverview Health, Noblesville, IN
- St. Catherine Hospital, East Chicago IN
- St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, Mishawaka, IN
- St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, Plymouth, IN