What questions should parents ask a Family Bank about Prices?
- Is the enrollment fee charged once per family, or for each birth?
- Is the first year of storage included in the processing fee?
- Is the storage fee guaranteed fixed?
- Are there any coupons currently available? Most banks are constantly running a "special limited time offer".
- Are there any professional discounts? Most banks offer discounts to medical professionals and military personnel. Some banks have discounts for first responders or students. It pays to shop for these deals.
- Do parents have the option of a partial or full refund if they decide not to store the cord blood for any reason? For example, if the lab tests show contamination and the cord blood should not be saved, what happens? Full refunds are typically only offered in situations where the bank provided staff to perform the collection service.
- Should the family ever need the cord blood, check that the bank does not charge to release it.