What questions should parents ask a Family Bank about Shipping & Handling?
- Is the cost of shipping included in the contract?
- Does the shipping company offer bed-side pick-up?
- On weekends, are the laboratory staff in-house or on-call?
- Does the bank guarantee to get the blood to the lab and processed within a certain time window?
- Does the shipping container have a temperature logger?
- If the bank uses a courier, does the courier have possession of the cord blood throughout transit? (ie: Does the courier sub-contract to another shipping company that is not a medical courier)?