The Cleveland Cord Blood Center works with philanthropic foundations to raise funding for their public bank. Thanks to a grant from the Atlanta-based Katz Foundation, they have been able to collect cord blood at hospitals in Georgia.
Collection hospitals, each staffed with collection specialists, as of Dec. 2013:
- Fairview Hospital, Cleveland, OH
- Hillcrest Hospital, Mayfield Heights, OH
- Piedmont Atlanta Hospital, Atlanta, GA
- Emory University Hospital Midtown, Atlanta, GA
Collection sites coming in 2014:
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Oakland, Oakland, CA
- California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC), San Francisco, CA
Collection hospitals in California are funded by the California Umbilical Cord Blood Collection Program (UCBCP).