Memorial Herman Southwest
M.D. Anderson hospital has the largest stem cell transplantation program in the world, and in April 2005 they established a public cord blood bank. The bank director is Elizabeth Shpall, MD. They are accredited under the international FACT/Netcord standards.
Collecting hospitals as of March 2013:
- Ben Taub General Hospital, Houston, TX
- Memorial Herman Southwest, Houston, TX
- St. Joseph Medical Center, Houston, TX
- The Woman's Hospital of Texas, Houston, TX
- Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford, Palo Alto, CA
- St. John Providence Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit, MI
Collection sites at hospitals in California are funded by the California Umbilical Cord Blood Collection Program (UCBCP). As of summer 2014, M.D. Anderson is temporarily restricting the mail-in program to TEXAS ONLY.