AboutAs a member of the Xytex Cryo International, Ltd. Family of services, Xytex Cord Blood Bank is backed by more than 35 years of experience in cryogenic (freezing) preservation and tissue banking. Since 1975, thousands of families from around the world have put their trust in Xytex. Xytex, a name you can trust "For Life".
Labs and LocationsXytex Cryo International owns and operates its own laboratory at the company headquarters in Augusta, GA. Augusta is a safe and convenient location, easily accessible and free from inclement weather as well as natural disasters which could threaten transportation and storage of cord blood.
As a leading contender in tissue storage, Xytex Cord Blood Bank complies with rigorous quality control policies and procedures by following an ISO 9001:2008 certified quality management system, US FDA, CLIA and AABB guidelines. From collection, to processing, to storage, you can be certain your newborn’s precious cord blood is safe, secure and readily accessible should you ever need it for stem cell transplantation.
Business ExperienceXytex Cryo International was founded in 1975 as a reproductive tissue bank by internationally renowned cryobiologist, Armand M. Karow, Jr., PhD, who was a scientist, researcher, and professor at the Medical College of Georgia (now called Georgia Health Sciences University). Since then, Xytex has grown into an internationally recognized and respected cryobank. Xytex Cord Blood Bank was launched in March 2008. Because Xytex’s mission has always been to help enhance families, cord blood banking became an innovative way for Xytex to protect families. Xytex Cord Blood Bank representatives are available 24/7. Expectant parents can call toll free 877-505-4346 to speak to our Customer Relations Specialists or go to www.xytexcordblood.com. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M. An answering service is available after hours.
- Xytex Cord Blood Bank uses a sterile, Heparin-free gravity flow collection bag filled with Citric Phosphate Dextrose (CPD) anticoagulant.
- Included are all supplies necessary for disinfection and collection i.e. Povidone-Iodine disinfection swab sticks and maternal blood collection supplies.
- Each kit comes with a sterile caesarean section adaptor in case of a C-section.
- Container is designed for ease of use and storage in patient’s home.
- Validated to maintain sample at room temperature (optimum temperature) under test conditions.
- Shipping is handled by Xytex’s Logistics Coordinator upon notification by the client.
- 24 hour answering service is available.
- Contract price includes shipping by FedEx within the US for standard shipments.
- Expedited shipping by the medical courier Midnite Express is an additional $200.00 during holidays or the closing of FedEx.
- The courier is available on weekends.
- A Xytex representative personally picks up local collections.
- A unique ID is assigned to all paperwork, kits and samples.
- Each cord blood unit is individually processed using the method of red cell depletion and plasma reduction.
- This methodology is FDA cleared and shown to recover high yields of Total Nucleated Cells (TNCs), MonoNucleated Cells (MNCs) and CD34+ hematopoietic stem cells.
- Maternal blood is collected and tested for infectious diseases.
- Parents are provided with a summary of results describing test results (cell counts, viability).
- The "buffy coat" blood component that holds white cells, including stem cells, is stored for possible future transplantation along with four individual sample segments that can be used for additional testing.
- Final storage is in dual compartmental bags.
- Bags are stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase to keep the units at a constant temperature while preventing cross contamination.
- Quarantine and long term storage are available.
- Storage tanks are under 24/7 temperature monitoring
- Security measures are in place.
Licensing & Accreditation
- Registered USA FDA and CLIA
- Registered with state of Illinois
- Licensed by USA states of NY, NJ, CA
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified
Clinical ExperienceXytex Cryo International is a global leader in cryopreservation with more than 35 years of experience in tissue banking. Xytex has served thousands of families from all over the world.
InsuranceIn the event that cord blood is not collected, all fees will be refunded except for the enrollment fee of $175.00. In addition, once the sample is collected and processed, if the client chooses not to store, all fees will be refunded except for the enrollment fee of $175.00 and the processing fee of $300.00.
Community ServiceAs a public service, the Xytex Cord Trust Program will provide cord blood banking services and up to ten years of storage, free of charge, to families that meet either of these requirements:
- A family member who is a 1st or 2nd degree relative of the baby has been diagnosed with a disease where cord blood stem cells are standard treatment.
- The baby is diagnosed in utero with a condition where cord blood stem cells are standard treatment.
PricesXytex Cord Blood Bank's Total initial cost = $1675
(Includes enrollment, standard shipping, processing and the first year of storage)
Annual storage fee = $100
(Discounts for annual storage apply)
Xytex Cord Blood Bank offers discounts to military personnel, business affiliates, clients who have utilized other Xytex services or who refer additional clients.