AboutTHAI StemLife is the first and largest stem cell bank that serves Thailand and stores stem cells in Thailand. THAI StemLife is also the only Thai cord blood bank that has released cells for pediatric treatments and published peer-reviewed research.
Labs and LocationsTHAI StemLife uses their OWN laboratory located:
5/3 Soi Chidlom, Ploenchit Road, Lumpinee,
Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Tel: +66 2 655 5757
Fax: +66 2 655 5756
Our laboratory is privately owned and staffed 24 hour, operating in Thailand since 2005, and is the Kingdom’s first and largest stem cell laboratory. Apart from cord blood, THAI StemLife also harvests and stores peripheral blood stem cells and offers CLIA accredited HLA and genetic testing. The StemLife Group has more than 50,000 customers as of Oct. 2011, of which more than 6,000 are in Thailand.
Features of the THAI StemLife laboratory:
• Zero percent (0%!) in-laboratory contamination, 0.87% external contamination (RTCOG report 2007-8).
• Real time control of storage tank temperature, O2 in storage area, Pressure, Temperature and Humidity in all laboratory areas.
• CCTV surveillance in ALL areas.
• Own security detail deployed in building 24/7/365
Business ExperienceTHAI StemLife is the first and largest stem cell bank that serves Thailand and stores stem cells in Thailand. THAI StemLife was founded in June 2005 with the vision to be the leading stem cell bank in Thailand and SE Asia by striving to achieve excellent industry standards and to provide state-of-the-art comprehensive banking stem cell services. THAI StemLife is also the only Thai cord blood bank that has released cells for pediatric treatments and published peer-reviewed research.
THAI StemLife along with StemLife Malaysia have more than 50,000 families as customers in SE Asia, of which 6,000 are in Thailand. THAI StemLife has conducted operations in more than 250 Hospitals all over Thailand and cooperates with more than 300 Thai obstetricians!
The Medical and Laboratory staff of THAI StemLife are at the PhD level in specialties such as hematology, molecular biology, endocrinology. The head of THAI StemLife: is Dr Kostas I. Papadopoulos, with MD & PhD in Endocrinology/ Immunology (Sweden), as well as technical education: Lecturer in Endocrinology and Diabetes (Greece), Specialist in Endocrinology and Diabetes (EU), Clinical Tutor in Medicine (Australia).
Collection KitJMS blood bag with CPD, sterile both inside and outside for ALL conditions and uses.
Transportation ContainerGel packs and thermal insulation, validated and guaranteed to maintain room temperature under test conditions and includes a temperature logger.
Shipping Info:THAI StemLife arranges and organizes OWN shipping with OWN logistics department. Shipping is available 24/7/365. Shipping outside Thailand is available in all Asian countries. Shipping is included in the base price within Thailand, costs extra from outside.
Processing MethodTHAI StemLife uses the Sepax automated laboratory processing from the Swiss company Biosafe. Sepax is an automated cell separation system which relies on a light beam to sense the density gradient between different cell layers after the blood has been spun in a centrifuge. The bag kit is sterile, functionally closed, and single-use.
Components Stored• THAI StemLife provides parents with a certificate describing test results (cell counts, viability, infectious markers as required by AABB plus HTLV I/II)
• The final storage component is the "buffy coat" of the blood that holds white cells and stem cells.
• THAI StemLife also stores a sample of maternal blood plus 2 testing portions.
Storage Method• Final storage is in Thermogenesis bags.
• Storage container is encased in over wrap.
• Temporary storage in quarantine freezer, then move to long term freezer.
• Freezer uses vapor phase of cryogenic nitrogen.
Licensing & AccreditationTHAI StemLife is licensed by the National Ministry of Health, holds accreditations ISO 9001 and ISO 15189, and is in the process of obtaining AABB accreditation.
Clinical ExperienceThrough 2012, total number of StemLife cord blood collections released for therapy: 14
Number of StemLife cord blood collections released for sibling transplants: 7
Number of StemLife cord blood collections released for self-therapy: 7
THAI StemLife participates in clinical trials using peripheral blood stem cells (authorized by the Thai medical Council) in early Osteoarthritis at the Police General Hospital. On track are similar studies for diabetic ulcers, liver cirrhosis, and heart failure.
Medical publication from THAI StemLife:
Papadopoulos KI, Low SS, Aw TC, Chantarojanasiri T.
Restor Neurol Neurosci. 2011 Jan 1;29(1):17-22.
Safety and feasibility of autologous umbilical cord blood transfusion in 2 toddlers with cerebral palsy and the role of low dose granulocyte-colony stimulating factor injections.
Insurance• Collection and Storage fees paid in advance.
• Family will receive a monetary amount in the event of loss of cell viability or will be offered peripheral blood stem cells from a compatible donor for free.
• Family will receive a monetary amount of 1 million THB in the event of a transplant.
Community Service• Free banking is given to families where an immediate relative has a diagnosis for which transplantation is standard therapy.
• Discounts for military personnel.
• Discounts to medical doctors and other health related professionals.
PricesDifferent promotions exist. Ask us for what suits you and we will make sure you will be able to store with us!
Additional Services• Peripheral Blood Stem Cell collection (COBE automated Leukaphaeresis system) and banking for adults (family members that are adults, father/mother/elder siblings)
• Advanced Genetic Testing for more than 150 conditions (to be expanded to 250 by end 2012)
• NutriCheckUp: Lifestyle genetic testing for diet, nutrition, exercise and metabolic syndrome/obesity risks.
• HLA tissue typing
• Preimplantation Genetic Testing-PGD and IVF services
THAI StemLife has the 1st report in Thailand and Asia of successful pregnancy after PGD-HLA for Beta Thalassemia!